Marc Cucurella goes against Mauricio Pochettino over transfer target Moises Caicedo 

Marc Cucurella goes against Mauricio Pochettino over transfer target Moises Caicedo 

Chelsea’s Marc Cucurella had a contrasting perspective from his manager Mauricio Pochettino when talking about the possibility of Brighton’s Moises Caicedo joining Stamford Bridge. 

The Chelsea team has a strong interest in Caicedo and it is expected that he will depart Brighton before the upcoming Premier League season commences.

According to reports, Chelsea has already had two bids rejected by Brighton for Moises Caicedo, with the latest offer being £70 million. 

Brighton is holding out for a higher fee of around £100 million, considering the substantial transfer fee Arsenal paid for Declan Rice. Fabrizio Romano has stated that Caicedo is eager to join Chelsea in the upcoming days, but it remains to be seen if the Blues will be willing to meet Brighton’s asking price for his services.

Marc Cucurella, who previously played alongside Caicedo at Brighton before moving to Chelsea last year, believes that his former teammate would be a valuable addition to the team, particularly after the recent departures of Mateo Kovacic and N’Golo Kante. 

Cucurella also thinks that Caicedo would enthusiastically embrace the opportunity to play alongside him at Chelsea, provided that a deal can be reached in the near future.

He said: “I think he wants to come here, I’ve read in the media lots of times. I have a good relationship with him, he is a good midfielder and if he comes I think we have a top midfielder for a long time.”

In contrast to Pochettino, Cucurella was more open when asked about the possibility of Caicedo joining Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Pochettino, on the other hand, swiftly dismissed any inquiries regarding the topic during his press conference on Tuesday.

“All the team are working hard to get who we want,” said the Argentine, before adding: “I don’t want to talk about specific names. It’s not respectful. Like us, many clubs are working to sign a player to improve their team.”

It is uncertain whether Chelsea will successfully secure the signing of Caicedo before the end of the summer transfer window. Reports indicate that Chelsea is currently assessing whether to make a new offer for the 21-year-old midfielder. 

However, despite their reputation as one of the Premier League’s big spenders, Chelsea is unlikely to be coerced into overpaying for Caicedo.

Sky Sports suggests that Chelsea will maintain a disciplined approach in their pursuit of Caicedo, implying that extensive negotiations may occur in an attempt to lower the player’s asking price.

 Chelsea is also reportedly exploring other potential options, indicating that they may be willing to walk away from the deal if Brighton remains firm in their refusal to negotiate.

Marc Cucurella goes against Mauricio Pochettino over transfer target Moises Caicedo 

Related Articles

Stay Connected

3,000FansLike
2,345FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles