Mikel Arteta has revealed plan for 9 Arsenal transfers amid squad size concerns

Mikel Arteta has revealed plan for 9 Arsenal transfers amid squad size concerns

Mikel Arteta, the manager of Arsenal, has disclosed his plans for dealing with the bloated squad size at London Colney, with a number of transfer exits expected before the transfer window closes.

Mikel Arteta has disclosed his strategy for managing Arsenal’s vast roster. 

After agreeing to terms with David Raya, Arsenal’s top priority for the remainder of the transfer window is obvious: selling players.

The Gunners have spent more than £200 million on Raya, Declan Rice, Kai Havertz, and Jurrien Timber, and Mikel Arteta has already stated that he does not anticipate any further acquisitions. 

“At the moment we’re not planning to do anything,”

he said in a press conference before Arsenal’s Premier League opener against Nottingham Forest.

“But the window is very unpredictable though. Things can happen, probably things that we don’t wish, so at the moment we are happy with what we’ve got.”

This is partially due to the quantity of players Arsenal currently has on its roster. 

In Los Angeles, where Arsenal concluded their preseason tour of the United States, Arteta acknowledged his squad size was untenable. 

Since returning, only three first-team players have departed permanently: Matt Turner, Marquinhos, and Auston Trusty.

We anticipate more to follow. Arthur Okonkwo and Runar Alex Runarsson are both free to depart, while Germany is interested in Nuno Tavares and Spain and Portugal are interested in Cedric Soares.

 Albert Sambi Lokonga has attracted interest from Burnley and Monaco, whereas Nicolas Pepe is anticipated to end his Arsenal career.

Arsenal has rejected a bid from Monaco for Folarin Balogun, despite continued interest from Inter Milan and West Ham. This is arguably the most high-profile potential sale.

All of the aforementioned players were omitted from the lineup against Forest due to limited preseason participation.

 Kieran Tierney and Rob Holding did not make the matchday squad despite rumors that they would be departing for Newcastle and Aston Villa, respectively.

While there is optimism that the futures of all nine players can be resolved before the transfer window closes on September 1, Arteta is currently in a difficult position. 

As the Spaniard attempts to prepare his team for a crucial Premier League match in the month of August on the London Colney training site, it is particularly difficult to plan and manage sessions with such a large number of players.

 There are members of the club who are wary of the precedent set by Chelsea last season, when an enlarged squad forced players to change in the hallways instead of the dressing room.

Arteta has acknowledged that he has encountered difficulty during certain training sessions. 

He intends to retain the players with no future at the club as involved as possible, however.

“They are our players and we have to look after them in the best possible way and they need to be treated in the best possible way,” he told football.london in a press conference last week.

 “It is true that in some exercises, too many players but we have to adapt. It always happens in this window and it is part of the plan to be flexible and be understanding of the situation.”

Mikel Arteta has revealed plan for 9 Arsenal transfers amid squad size concerns

Related Articles

Stay Connected

3,000FansLike
2,345FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles